July 21 2016
Are your kitchen cabinets looking old and unattractive? If yes, then why don’t you give them a makeover? To modify the look of your kitchen cabinets, you don’t have to purchase brand new cabinets and replace the existing ones; you can just paint them. Painting the cabinets is one of the smartest ways to change their appearance. There are many people who hire professional painters (wood painters) to paint their kitchen cabinets, but that’s just waste of money. Painting cabinets is not a tough job at all; you can easily do it yourself.
Do you know the proper procedures to paint your old and boring white kitchen cabinet? If no, then here are some steps given below that will help you out. Take a look.
Six Steps to paint your boring wholesale kitchen cabinets:
• Step one: First, remove the cabinet doors and drawers (if any), and clean it using TSP (TriSodium Phosphate).
• Step two: If there are any holes, dents or dings on the cabinets, make sure you fill them up with the help of a sandable, paintable wood filler.
• Step three: Use medium-grit sandpaper to sand the surfaces that you want to paint. Then, use a dry cloth to wipe down the areas that have been rubbed using the sandpaper (to clean up the dust).
• Step four: After you have rubbed the surfaces with sandpaper and cleaned the dust, apply the primer. If you are going to use a deep shade to paint your cabinets, then ask your paint retailer to add pigment to the primer. Wondering why? Just to get a better color coverage with the final coat.
• Step five: After using the primer and letting it dry, check whether the surfaces have any grit and dust or not. Or else, you might just paint over it and later find out that the finishing is not smooth enough. In such cases, you can always sand the areas once again (over the primer) and again use a primer.
• Step six: The final step is to paint the wholesale kitchen cabinets. You can either use a paint sprayer or a brush to paint those cabinets (a sprayer would be best). If you don't own a paint sprayer, you can rent it from a hardware store.
These were the six simple steps that will help you to repaint your kitchen cabinets, that too yourself. If you feel you lack time to paint your old, boring white kitchen cabinet, then you always have the option to hire a professional furniture painter.